Monday, November 23, 2009

Begining; 1.

It's two in the morning and the only other person on the bus is trying not to stare at me. Her scared, concerned look is mostly due to the fact that I might look like I'm out of my mind. It's September 22nd, its pouring down rain and I'm wearing shorts and an old ratty t-shirt. There's blood on my shirt and my shoes are being held together by an extra shoelace and some electrical tape. Although its not just my apparel that's cause for concern. I haven't showered in a week, I smell like asshole, my hair is mattered down with grease, and my beard is patchy, unkempt and almost pubic looking. On top of that, every piece of clothing I own is sitting next to me in a black garbage bag. Anything else I own has been stuffed into a tattered black and blue duffel bag I've had since I was ten. I just dropped out of school; I have no job, no money, and nowhere to live.

It has not been a good year.

No comments: